My 10 seconds of fame has arrived! Part of the #class is "Shut Up Already, I'll Look at your Art!" You can read the description below. And you can see one of my paintings by clicking here. There is a slide show, and my painting comes up fairly quickly.
"Shut Up Already, I'll Look at your Art!" an open source call to artists on the "Outside" to have their work viewed by an "Insider". For this project, gallerist Ed Winkleman will spend a portion of his time in the gallery during #class reviewing digital images of art sent via the internet to #class by artists globally. Artists will be asked to submit a digital image of one piece of art to be reviewed by Mr. Winkleman for at least 10 seconds, TWICE the average time museum goers spend viewing a piece of art.
"Shut up already... I'll look at your art"
Gallerist Ed Winkleman and guests (persons to be recruited by Mr. Winkleman to join him, for different periods of time and varied group size) will spend a portion of his time in his gallery during #class reviewing digital images of work sent via the internet to #class by artists globally. Artists will be asked to submit a digital image of one piece of art to be reviewed by Mr. Winkleman and his guests.
The Rules (roughly):
* Artists will submit one digital image to "Shut up already. I'll look at your art"
* Mr. Winkleman and guests will view the image for no less than 10 sec.
* Mr. Winkleman and guests will be monitored by a volunteer as they view the work to assure full compliance with the rules.
* Mr. Winkleman, his guests and the Monitor will sign a certificate of viewing stating the image has been viewed
* Mr. Winkleman and his guests will have no obligation to provide representation to any of the artists, make any comment about, or critique any of the images.
* Once an image is viewed by Mr. Winkleman and his guests the artist cannot complain that their work is not being considered by a professional gallery for one year from the date of viewing, Mr. Winkleman and his guests will be absolved of any further obligation to take complaints by artists that their work is not being considered by a professional gallery seriously for one year from the date of viewing,
* As Mr. Winkleman and his guests view the images, they wiil be available on the internet to be viewed.
#class is an exhibition in the form of a think tank organized by Jennifer Dalton and William Powhida. #class will feature over 50 events, discussions and performances presented in response to an open call for proposals on the topic of ambivalence about the commercial art market system.
for more info about #class and to see a schedule of event goto http://hashtagclass.blogspot.com/
for more about Winkleman Gallery visit their website @ http://winkleman.com/
"Shut up already. I'll look at your art"
in the spirit of Open Source and Copyleft is made up of anyone who participates, spreads the word or puts out good vibrations to the cause, and they are welcome to its authorship.
To participate and submit an image Fill
out submittal form Here http://shutupalreadyilllookatyourart.blogspot.com/
or just spread the word to people you know worldwide
So, for artists looking for their 10 seconds of fame, you, too, can have a piece of your work seen by a real live New York gallery. I did. You should do it, too!